Preparing Your Home to Sell
Did you know well placed furniture can open up rooms and make them seem larger than they are? Or that opening drapes and blinds and turning on all lights make a room seem bright and cheery?
Acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above others in the same price range often comes down to first impressions.
Here are some inexpensive ways to maximize your home's appeal:
• Keep the grass freshly cut.
• Remove all yard clutter.
• Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
• Paint the front door.
• Weed and apply fresh mulch to garden beds.
• Clean windows inside and out.
• Wash or paint home's exterior.
• Tighten and clean all door handles.
• Ensure gutter and downspouts are firmly attached.
Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and knick knacks
(consider a temporary self-storage unit).
• Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
• Shampoo carpets.
• Clean and organize cabinets and closets.
• Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
• Clean all light fixtures.